Re: Embedded XForms

From: Philip Fennell <Philip.Fennell@marklogic.com>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2018 14:47:48 +0000
To: Steven Pemberton <steven.pemberton@cwi.nl>, "public-xformsusers@w3.org" <public-xformsusers@w3.org>
> Any experience?

Sorry, no.

´╗┐On 21/05/2018, 15:37, "Steven Pemberton" <steven.pemberton@cwi.nl> wrote:

    Hi gang,

    This is a sort of day-dream email.

    Recently I have had a number of use-cases that included embedding forms
    within forms (the biggest example of course being the test suite).

    My current method of doing this is to use an iframe; easy to do but with a
    hurdle: it is hard to communicate between the parent and child forms. The
    only way, it seems to me, is via a submit to a shared resource; not ideal.

    Has anyone tried such things already?

    It seems to me that the most XForms-like approach would be to pre-populate
    a child-form's instance in some way, and to return values using some form
    of submit to the parent.

    Any experience?

    Steven