Re: Discussion of 6.1 for LC June

On 2008-03-26 11:49:10 +0000, Stephen Farrell wrote:

> Anyway, I guess whatever browsers actually do is the right thing
> to follow with CN wildcards. Do they behave the same or not? If
> so, what do they allow? (e.g. "www*.*.com" "w*w.*i*.com"
> "www.*.*") This was discussed at the last PKIX meeting where the
> WG decided (wrongly IMO) not to further specify this, but to
> leave it to some future update to 2818 (and a similar SIP
> document, and one for RADIUS/Diameter,...).

Oh well...  Was there any input at that meeting about what browsers
*really* do?

Yngve, Johnath, would you have any input what your current
implementations do with (a) wildcards in CNs in terms of matching,
and (b) how they are distinguished from human-readable CNs for the
purpose of deriving whatever string can be shown to people.