Re: Recommendations for "Lightening Discussions" at next week's meeting

On 2007-04-02 09:31:05 -0500, michael.mccormick@wellsfargo.com wrote:

> Unfortunately the new weekly meeting time conflicts with a
> standing meeting related to my day job, which is why you haven't
> had the pleasure of my company lately.

> As it happens I do have some specific suggestions for improving
> SSL/TLS cert handling in browsers, which I can share with the
> group via email.

I look forward to seeing these suggestions!

Also, we have descriptions of the approaches that Konqueror, Opera
and Mozilla take to handling these errors:

- Opera: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wsc-wg/2007Feb/0050.html
- KDE: http://www.w3.org/2006/WSC/wiki/NoteKDECertificateValidationErrors
- Mozilla: http://www.w3.org/2006/WSC/wiki/%20NoteMozillaCertificateValidationErrors

I wonder if we have any takers to review these and pull together the
differences and commonalities in a way that might lead to a write-up?

(I also have some proposed recommendations up my sleeve for these
ones; then again Mozilla's certification information dialogue makes
for such nice fodder for being trashed in talks that I'd almost hate
to see it go away. *cough*)