W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-ws-policy@w3.org > June 2007

[VER 2] Agenda: WS-Policy WG distributed meeting 45 - 2007-06-20

From: Christopher B Ferris <chrisfer@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 11:03:15 -0400
To: public-ws-policy-request@w3.org, public-ws-policy@w3.org
Message-ID: <OFF9F2265E.009542B6-ON85257300.00502C60-85257300.00528941@us.ibm.com>
Added links to new drafts, updated threads and action items

Cheers,

Christopher Ferris
STSM, Software Group Standards Strategy
email: chrisfer@us.ibm.com
blog: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/page/chrisferris
phone: +1 508 234 2986

__________________


Agenda: WS-Policy WG distributed meeting 45 - 2007-06-20
 
The phone number to use for the WS-Policy WG meetings is documented on the 
WG's administrative home page:
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#phone
 
Participants are invited to join IRC channel #ws-policy as documented on 
the WG's administrative home page. Please register with Zakim:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Aug/0012.html
 
1. Roll call and selection of secretary, Chair

Regrets June 20: Ashok, Charlton (partial), Dale
Regrets June 27: Frederick
 
a) Scribe List:

William Henry (Jun 20)
----------------------
Dimitar Angelov
Sanjiva Weerawarana
Ruchith Fernando
Tom Jordahl
Vladislav Bezrukov
Symon Chang
Doug Davis
Jacques Durand
Steve Jones
Mohammad Makarechian
Jonathan Marsh
Arnaud Meyniel
Sanjay Patil
Skip Snow
Jeff Mischkinsky
Sanka Samaranayake
Mark Little
Glen Daniels
Anthony Nadalin
Daniel Roth
Fabian Ritzmann
Sergey Beryozkin
Charlton Barreto
David Orchard
Abbie Barbir
Dale Moberg
Frederick Hirsch
Mark Temple-Raston
Dale Moberg
Paul Knight
Yakov Sverdlov
Prasad Yendluri
Maryann Hondo
Ashok Malhotra
Monica Martin
Felix Sasaki
Asir Vedamuthu
Toufic Boubez (Jun 13)
 
b) Scribe FAQ (Updated)
Member only:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Oct/0001.html
 
2. Review and approval of WG minutes, Chair
 
a) Review and approval of draft June 13 telcon minutes
       http://www.w3.org/2007/06/13-ws-policy-minutes.html
 
3. Schedule and future WG meetings, Chair
 
a) Future meetings
       http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#meetings
 
b) Tue-Thu Jul 17-19 F2F meeting in Dublin hosted by Iona
       http://www.w3.org/2007/07/ws-policy-f2f-logistics.html

c) PR schedule
 
1) May 30th - Editors to deliver the updated Framework and Attachment 
drafts
DONE.

2) June 5th - Refresh the Framework & Attachment CR drafts and Primer WD
DONE.
       http://www.w3.org/News/2007#item114

3) June 13th - Close remaining CR issues
DONE.
 
4) June 20th - Editors to deliver the updated Framework and Attachment 
drafts
 
5) June 27th - WG decision to request the director to advance the 
Framework and Attachment drafts to PR
 
6) June 27th - Co-chairs to create the request to advance the Framework 
and Attachment drafts to PR

7) July 2 12noon EDT - Co-chairs and staff contact to meet with the 
director
 
4. Editorial team report
Current Editors drafts:
       http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/#drafts

Candidate PR drafts and new stable ED Guidelines draft:
        
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0065.html

5. Review action items, Chair
Open action items:
Member only:
       http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/open
 
ACTION-279 Chris Ferris and Paul to engage Bob Freund on Toms points
Status: In progress.
 
ACTION-300 Paul Cotton to make sure that the additional suggestions are 
not lost for the non-normative docs related to issue 4554
 
ACTION-304 Chris Ferris to look at sections 5.5.1 and 5.5.2 and suggest 
additional text

ACTION-306 Chris Ferris to review BP 23 and associated text, Section 5.7.
 
ACTION-312 Toufic to propose a different wording for Good Practice G2 [Bug 
4566]
DONE: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0054.html

ACTION-314 Asir to clean up dashboard summary, esp the cells indicating 
zero of zero
 
ACTION-315 Maryann to follow up on lax intersection testing comments
 
ACTION-316 Asir [and other WG members] to respond with comments to Maryann 
on proposal in June msg 33
DONE: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0052.html
        
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0069.html
        
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0070.html
ACTION-317 Maryann to open new guidelines issues (for) based on on content 
in June Msg 33
 
ACTION-318 Editors to work with Maryann to figure which of the issues 
resulting June msg 33 are doable before July F2F
 
6. WS-Policy Call for Implementations, Chair
 
a) Interop scenarios release 3
      
 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0035.html
 
b) CR dashboard summary
      
 http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2006/ws/policy/interop/results/dashboard-summary.html
Status: We have now passed our CR exit criteria!!!
 
ACTION-314 Asir to clean up dashboard summary, esp the cells indicating 
zero of zero
 
c) ISSUE 4582 test cases need coverage of nested policy for lax interse...
       http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4582
Status: We decided at the Jun 13 meeting that we would not block the CR on 
these additional test cases.  If we can get multiple implementation 
reports for these test cases then we will include that evidence in the PR 
request.
 
ACTION-307 Asir to send updates to proposed new test cases (round 5) 
regarding normal form of output
DONE.  See:
      
 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0025.html
 
ACTION-315 Maryann to follow up on lax intersection testing comments
 
IBM results of round 5 (proposed) testing
        
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0064.html

Corrected round 5 test cases:
        
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy-interop/2007Jun/att-0011/interop.zip
        
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0053.html

d) Time table for voting to exit CR
Status: We are currently planning to vote to exit CR on Jun 27.
 
7. Liaison items
 
a) ACTION-279 Chris and Paul to engage Bob Freund on Toms points
Status: Ongoing.  Note that the WS-Addressing Metadata CR request has been 
made:
 
8. CR issues
 
a) Bugzilla list:
       http://tinyurl.com/yp9wp6
Status: No open CR issue as of June 13.

b) Treatment of optional/ignorable attributes in framework and primer, 
Sergey
        
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0047.html
Note: is this a CR issue?

9. Primer Document
Latest editor's draft:
      
 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0079.html
 
a) Bugzilla list:
       http://tinyurl.com/2a5uwj
 
b) Issue 4376: [Primer] need to change qname for the ws-addr metadata 
elements in examples
Status: Left open to catch any later changes WS-Addressing Metadata.  We 
expect to process this issue at the Dublin F2F.
 
c) Other primer issues
 
10. Guidelines issues
 
a) Bugzilla list:
http://tinyurl.com/ywtogs

b) [Bug 4566]: Guideline G2 to be reconsidered, Toufic
       http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4566
      
 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007May/0214.html
 
ACTION-312 Toufic to propose a different wording for Good Practice G2 [Bug 
4566]
DONE: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0054.html

c) [Bug 3978]: Clarify if Section 7 on defining new policy attachment 
mechanisms is necessary, Dan Roth
       http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3978
      
 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0102.html
 
ACTION-259 Maryann Hondo to provide a revised proposal for Issue 3978.
DONE. See:
      
 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0112.html
 
ACTION-273 Maryann to send a diff version of the proposed changes to the 
Guidelines document re issue 3978
DONE.  See:
      
 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0016.html
 
ACTION-313 Maryann to review latest Primer and Guidelines with regards to 
her four points related to [Bug 3978]
DONE.  See:
      
 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0033.html
Note: The above email covers AIs 286, 303, 305, and 313:
Reply from David O:
      
 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0036.html
Status: At the Jun 13 meeting the following action items were assigned 
relating to the 2007Jun/0033.html proposal:
 
ACTION-316 Asir [and other WG members] to respond with comments to Maryann 
on proposal in June msg 33
DONE: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0052.html
        
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0063.html
 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0069.html
        
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0070.html

ACTION-317 Maryann to open new guidelines issues (for) based on on content 
in June Msg 33
DONE:
        Issue 4654: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0055.html
        Issue 4660: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0057.html
        Issue 4662: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0058.html
        Issue 4663: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0059.html
        Issue 4664: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0060.html
        Issue 4661: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jun/0061.html

ACTION-318 Editors to work with Maryann to figure which of the issues 
resulting June msg 33 are doable before July F2F
 
d) [Bug 3988]: Section 8 doesn't illustrate how to design an assertion., 
Asir
       http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3988
      
 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0112.html
Email discussion thread:
      
 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0000.html
Status: Awaiting progress on new EDs with best practices reflected. We 
expect to process this issue at the Dublin F2F.
 
e) Issue 4375: [Guidelines] need to change qname for the ws-addr metadata 
elements in examples
Status: This issue is effectively resolved, but left open until WS-A 
Metatada goes CR.  We expect to process this issue at the Dublin F2F.
 
f) Other Guidelines issues
 
11. Adjourn
 
Christopher Ferris
STSM, Software Group Standards Strategy
email: chrisfer@us.ibm.com
blog: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/page/chrisferris
phone: +1 508 234 2986
 
Received on Wednesday, 20 June 2007 15:03:47 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:20:52 GMT