W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-ws-policy@w3.org > April 2007

Agenda: WS-Policy WG distributed meeting 39 - 2007-05-02

From: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 09:22:40 -0700
To: "public-ws-policy@w3.org" <public-ws-policy@w3.org>
CC: Bob Freund-Hitachi <bob.freund@hitachisoftware.com>, Christopher B Ferris <chrisfer@us.ibm.com>
Message-ID: <4D66CCFC0B64BA4BBD79D55F6EBC22573A9C663967@NA-EXMSG-C103.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>

Agenda: WS-Policy WG distributed meeting 39 - 2007-05-02

The phone number to use for the WS-Policy WG meetings is documented on the WG's administrative home page:

Participants are invited to join IRC channel #ws-policy as documented on the WG's administrative home page. Please register with Zakim:

1. Roll call and selection of secretary, Chair

a) Scribe List:

Paul Knight (scribe Wed May 2)
Yakov Sverdlov (scribe Wed May 9)
Dimitar Angelov
Sanjiva Weerawarana
Ruchith Fernando
Tom Jordahl
Vladislav Bezrukov
Symon Chang
Doug Davis
Jacques Durand
Steve Jones
Mohammad Makarechian
Jonathan Marsh
Arnaud Meyniel
Sanjay Patil
Skip Snow
Jeff Mischkinsky
Sanka Samaranayake
Chris Ferris
Mark Little
Glen Daniels
William Henry
Toufic Boubez
Prasad Yendluri
Anthony Nadalin
Daniel Roth
Fabian Ritzmann
Sergey Beryozkin
Charlton Barreto
David Orchard
Ashok Malhotra
Abbie Barbir
Maryann Hondo
Dale Moberg
Monica Martin
Felix Sasaki
Asir Vedamuthu
Frederick Hirsch
Mark Temple-Raston
Dale Moberg

b) Scribe FAQ (Updated)
Member only:

2. Review and approval of WG minutes, Chair

a) Review and approval of draft Apr 25 minutes

3. Future WG meetings, Chair

a) Future meetings
May 2: Paul will Chair.  May 9: Chris will Chair.

b) Wed-Fri May 23-25 F2F meeting in Ottawa hosted by Nortel
Note: WG will meet Wed-Thu and CR interop testing will be done Wed-Fri.

c) Tue-Thu Jul 17-19 F2F meeting in Dublin hosted by Iona

4. Editorial team report
Current Editors drafts:

a) Editorial plan for Issue 3989
See plan in the following report:

b) Editorial plan for revised Interop Scenarios

ACTION-277 Editors to provide plan for producing 1 May interop document.

5. Review action items, Chair
Open action items:
Member only:

ACTION-277 Editors to plan for producing 1 May interop document.

ACTION-279 Chris And Paul to engage Bob Freund on Tom\\\\'s points
Status: In progress.

ACTION-286 Maryann to work with Tom and Monica and anyone else interested in developing assertion author guidelines related to nested policy vis a vis this new understanding of nested policy vocabulary

ACTION-287 Maryann and David Orchard: 4414 to be implemented except for paragraphs needing restructuring concerning end of life

ACTION-288 Asir to amend note in accordance with http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0081.html

6. WS-Policy Call for Implementations, Chair

a) Interop scenarios, Release-1-20070322

b) CR dashboard summary
Status: Summary now includes Layer 7 Round1 and Round2 results.

c) External attachment testing, Doug Davis

d) Other interop related items

7. Primer issues

a) Versioning and extensibility in primer needs cleanup, Maryann Hondo

Status: Maryann and David have submitted the following proposal:
Frederick's response:

ACTION-287 - Maryann and David Orchard: 4414 to be implemented except for paragraphs needing restructuring concerning end of life
Status: The Apr 25 meeting accepted the proposal in message 0052 subject to this additional work.

8. CR issues

a) Issue 4479: Editorial, note is obscure or unclear

ACTION-288 - Asir to amend note in accordance with: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0081.html

9. Liaison items

a) Feedback to WS-Addressing WG on Web Services Addressing 1.0 - Metadata specification
Email to WS-A WG:

Status: WS-Addressing WG response:
See thread:

b) Previous WG discussion

ACTION-271 Asir to pick up the text pointed out by Chris in Section 3.2 and answer Ashok\\'s question (by reading the letter of the law)
DONE. See:

ACTION-270 Maryann to work with monica, asir, ashok and others to prepare proposal for some text in the guidelines doc that addresses the semantics of a constraint as it applies to nested policy
DONE. See:
Status: Apr 11: The WG agreed to have email discussion of this message.

c) Action items from Apr 18 discussion

ACTION-283 Chris to send email with the example he gave discussing the role of policy vocabulary after intersection
DONE. See:

ACTION-284 Asir to start email thread to develop proposal for def\\\\'ns of policy vocabulary and policy alternative vocabulary and nested policy vocabulary and also provide example
DONE. See:
See Ashok's reply with Infoset definition:

ACTION-285 Monica to initiate thread related to the role of context for nested policy
DONE. See:

ACTION-286 Maryann to work with Tom and Monica and anyone else interested in developing assertion author guidelines related to nested policy vis a vis this new understanding of nested policy vocabulary
Status: Pending more discussion.

d) New WG discussion threads discussed at Apr 25 meeting

i) What is the Vocabulary of an Intersected Policy, Ashok

ii) Policy Framework and Policy Domain division of labor, and the 'absent policies are present as negations' principle, Dale Moberg

d) WS-Addressing Metadata issues: 4374, 4375, and 4376
Status: This issues are on hold until the WS-A WG makes more progress.

ACTION-279 Chris and Paul to engage Bob Freund on Tom's points about WS-Addressing Metatdata work
Status: In progress.

10. Guidelines issues, Part 1

a) ISSUE 3978: Clarify if Section 7 on defining new policy attachment mechanisms is necessary, Dan Roth

ACTION-259 Maryann Hondo to provide a revised proposal for Issue 3978.
DONE. See:

ACTION-273 Maryann to send a diff version of the proposed changes to the Guidelines document re issue 3978
DONE.  See:

b) ISSUE 4074: [Guidelines] Collection of unclear Guidance or text issues, Dan

ACTION-260 Maryann Hondo to provide revised proposal for 4074
DONE. See:

11. Guideline issues, Part 2

a) ISSUE 3988: Section 8 doesn't illustrate how to design an assertion., Asir
Email discussion thread:
Status: Awaiting progress on new EDs with best practices reflected

12. Any other business

13. Adjournment

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
17 Eleanor Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K2E 6A3
Tel: (613) 225-5445 Fax: (425) 936-7329
Received on Monday, 30 April 2007 16:25:53 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:38:33 UTC