W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-ws-policy@w3.org > April 2007

[VER 2] Agenda: WS-Policy WG distributed meeting 34 - 2007-04-04

From: Christopher B Ferris <chrisfer@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 09:42:03 -0400
To: public-ws-policy@w3.org
Message-ID: <OF7CB92A9B.C5405610-ON852572B3.0049584F-852572B3.004B2F1D@us.ibm.com>
Updated AI section
Added WS-A WG response

Cheers,

Christopher Ferris
STSM, Software Group Standards Strategy
email: chrisfer@us.ibm.com
blog: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/page/chrisferris
phone: +1 508 377 9295

__________________


Agenda: WS-Policy WG distributed meeting 34 - 2007-04-04
 
The phone number to use for the WS-Policy WG meetings is documented on the 
WG's administrative home page:
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#phone
 
Participants are invited to join IRC channel #ws-policy as documented on 
the WG's administrative home page. Please register with Zakim:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Aug/0012.html
 
1. Roll call and selection of secretary, Chair
 
a) Scribe List:

Asir Vedamuthu (scribe Wed Apr 4)
Frederick Hirsch (scribe Wed Apr 11)
Dimitar Angelov
Sanjiva Weerawarana
Ruchith Fernando
Tom Jordahl
Vladislav Bezrukov
----------------------
Symon Chang
Doug Davis
Jacques Durand
Steve Jones
Paul Knight
Mohammad Makarechian
Jonathan Marsh
Arnaud Meyniel
Sanjay Patil
Skip Snow
Mark Temple-Raston
Jeff Mischkinsky
Sanka Samaranayake
Yakov Sverdlov
Dale Moberg
Chris Ferris
Mark Little
Glen Daniels
William Henry
Toufic Boubez
Frederick Hirsch
Prasad Yendluri
Anthony Nadalin
Daniel Roth
Fabian Ritzmann
Sergey Beryozkin
Charlton Barreto
David Orchard
Ashok Malhotra
Abbie Barbir
Maryann Hondo
Dale Moberg
Monica Martin
Felix Sasaki
 
b) Scribe FAQ (Updated)
Member only:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Oct/0001.html
 
2. Review and approval of WG minutes, Chair
 
a) Review and approval of Mar 28 minutes
Draft minutes:
http://www.w3.org/2007/03/28-ws-policy-minutes.html
 
3. Future WG meetings, Chair
 
a) Future meetings
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#meetings
 
b) Wed-Fri May 23-25 F2F meeting in Ottawa hosted by Nortel
http://www.w3.org/2007/05/ws-policy-f2f-logistics.html
Note: WG will meet Wed-Thu and CR interop testing will be done Wed-Fri.
 
c) Tue-Thu Jul 17-19 F2F meeting in Dublin hosted by Iona
http://www.w3.org/2007/07/ws-policy-f2f-logistics.html
 
4. Editorial team report
Current Editors drafts:
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/#drafts
 
a) Editorial plan for Issue 3989
 
5. Review action items, Chair
Open action items:
Member only:
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/open
 
ACTION-253 Chris Ferris to convey the disposition of WSDL WG comments to 
the WSDL WG
DONE.  See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0131.html
 
ACTION-243 OPEN Produce a list of change areas in the framework and 
attachments primer and guidelines specs related to a change in the 
reference to the oasis ws-sec policy spec to reference the latest 
available published committee draft Asir Vedamuthu 2007-04-07 

ACTION-252 OPEN Open new follow-up issue to 4370 Fabian Ritzmann 
2007-03-20 
Status: DONE
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0000.html

ACTION-260 OPEN Provide revised proposal for 4074 Maryann Hondo 2007-03-21 


ACTION-262 OPEN And Felix to send a note to the chairs list (esp. the 
usual liaison WGs) about the re-publication of the framework and 
attachment docs Paul Cotton 2007-04-04 
Status: DONE
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/chairs/2007AprJun/0000.html

ACTION-264 OPEN Update the dashboard with negative tests Asir Vedamuthu 
2007-04-04 

ACTION-265 OPEN Update the dashboard summary with negative tests 
Christopher Ferris 2007-04-04 

ACTION-266 OPEN Check the dashboard summary representation to make sure 
they are properly corrected Christopher Ferris 2007-04-04 
DONE
The issue was not with the dashboard summary calculations but with the 
data.

ACTION-267 OPEN Convey resolution of 4394 to the commentor Asir Vedamuthu 
2007-04-04 

ACTION-268 OPEN Think about proposal from paul: taking a subset of the BPs 
and see how long it will take them to give revised sections back Editors 
2007-04-04 

6. Liaison items
 
a) Feedback to WS-Addressing WG on Web Services Addressing 1.0 - Metadata 
specification
Email to WS-A WG:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0153.html
 
Status: WS-Addressing WG response:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Apr/0007.html
 
a) WS-Addressing Metadata issues: 4374, 4375, and 4376
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0044.html 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0045.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0046.html
Status: This issues are on hold until the WS-A WG makes more progress.

7. WS-Policy Call for Implementations, Chair
 
a) Interop scenarios, Release-1-20070322
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0114.html

b) CR dashboard summary
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2006/ws/policy/interop/results/dashboard-summary.html?only_with_tag=Release-1-20070322
Status: We are still looking for more Round1 and Round2 results.
 
8. CR issues
 
a) Issue 4318: [All docs] Which WS-SecurityPolicy version should be used 
as a reference
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4318
Status: Currently on hold until later in CR.
 
b) ACTION-252 Fabian to open new follow-up issue to 4370
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4370

9. Primer issues
 
a) Issue 4393: Add text to strict and lax policy intersection discussion 
describing how a policy consumer can determine issues due to intersection 
mode conflicts
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4393
 
ACTION-255 Charlton Barreto to open new primer issue to relate to the 
discussion of 4292
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0124.html
Status: Awaiting revised change proposal and more email discussion.
 
b) ACTION-256 Monica to create new primer issue related to 4262 Monica 
Martin 2007-03-21

c) Versioning and extensibility in primer needs cleanup, Maryann Hondo
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4414
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0111.html
Status: Awaiting diff markup proposal and more email discussion.
 
10. Guidelines issues, Part 1
 
a) ISSUE 3978: Clarify if Section 7 on defining new policy attachment 
mechanisms is necessary, Dan Roth
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3978
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0102.html
 
ACTION-259 Maryann Hondo to provide a revised proposal for Issue 3978.
DONE. See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0112.html
Status: Awaiting diff markup proposal and more email discussion.
 
b) ISSUE 4074: [Guidelines] Collection of unclear Guidance or text issues, 
Dan
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4074
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0053.html
 
ACTION-260 Maryann Hondo to provide revised proposal for 4074
 
11. Guideline issues, Part 2
Status: These issues will processed against the next public WD.
 
a) ISSUE 3989: Suggested format for the Guidelines document., Asir
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3989
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0113.html
Maryann's response:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0132.html
Asir:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0139.html
Umit:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0141.html
Proposal from IBM/MSFT:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0069.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Mar/0071.html
Status: Awaiting input from Editors.
 
b) ISSUE 3988: Section 8 doesn't illustrate how to design an assertion., 
Asir
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3988
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0112.html
Email discussion thread:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0000.html
Status: Awaiting progress on Issue 3989.
 
12. Any other business
 
13. Adjournment
 
Christopher Ferris
STSM, Software Group Standards Strategy
email: chrisfer@us.ibm.com
blog: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/page/chrisferris
phone: +1 508 377 9295
 
Received on Wednesday, 4 April 2007 13:42:33 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:20:49 GMT