Optional predefined features in Part 2

From: Hugo Haas <hugo@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 15:01:09 +0200
To: public-ws-desc-comments@w3.org
We took the decision on 8 July 2004[1] to adopt the AD proposal as an
optional feature.

However, the example in part 2[2] does not declare the use of the
http://www.w3.org/2004/08/wsdl/feature/AD feature, and it is basically
unclear reading the introduction to predefined features[4] or the
definition of the AD feature[5] whether:
- our predefined features (which is just the AD one at this point) are
  required or not; the only text which is related to this is: "The Web
  Services Description Working Group provides the following predefined
  features and SOAP modules for two reasons - we encourage
  implementors to support these features as we believe they offer
  important functionality"; we should probably add some text making it
  clear that they are optional.
- the use of an optional, predefined feature needs to be declared in a
  WSDL document before setting some of its properties.

Regards,

Hugo

  1. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Jul/0109.html
  2. http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-wsdl20-extensions-20040803/#adf-dp-desc