From: Rich Salz [mailto:rsalz@datapower.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 23, 2004 7:12 PM
To: Vinoski, Stephen
Cc: Paco Curbera, Francisco; public-ws-addressing@w3.org
Subject: RE: i0001: EPRs as identifiers (why XML?)

In order to use ws-addressing outside of soap, you already have to
	map URI's to your addressing scheme
	map Infoset data to your data scheme
	define a "binding" of ws-addr data to your transports

It would be nice if this WG didn't make the job harder, but W3C Web
Services is about XML and SOAP, and other systems deserve courtesy, but
are most definitely second-class citizens.

You've already must have a complete mapping into and out of SOAP; to the
extent that WS-Addressing ties itself closer to SOAP, as opposed to being
a special case, then we've arguably made your job easier.
	/r$

XML Security Overview      http://www.datapower.com/xmldev/xmlsecurity.html