RE: i0001: EPRs as identifiers (why XML?)

From: Rich Salz <rsalz@datapower.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 08:58:54 -0500 (EST)
To: "Vinoski, Stephen" <Steve.Vinoski@iona.com>
cc: "public-ws-addressing@w3.org" <public-ws-addressing@w3.org>

> I'm all for simplicity, believe me. However, the more I study issue i026, which
> is related to this discussion, the more I'm convinced that there are ways to
> do it without compromising simplicity or focus. More on that later.

Okay, that's great.  Simplicity?  From a (former) Corba guy?  I don't know
if I buy that. :)  (But then, I'm a former DCE guy, where simplicity
doesn't even show up in the three shelf-feet of manuals we published. :)

All kidding aside, I'm in favor of supporting other protocols as long as
it doesn't make the core xml/soap too bad.  Firuing out what "too" means,
is an exercise left for the WG..
	/r$
XML Security Overview      http://www.datapower.com/xmldev/xmlsecurity.html