Re: Why FaultTo?

From: Mark Little <mark.little@arjuna.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 20:49:36 +0000
Cc: "Mark Baker" <distobj@acm.org>, <public-ws-addressing@w3.org>
To: "Martin Gudgin" <mgudgin@microsoft.com>

+1

Also, atomic transaction systems often have heuristic decisions
(specific types of faults that occur after the transaction terminator
has received the official commit/rollback response) delivered to a
different endpoint. In this case it may be because the originator of
the commit/rollback response has gone away (legitimately and not
because of some error in the application), and/or to ensure that a
separate failure recovery subsystem can deal with them later.

Mark.