get metadata (was RE: WS-Addr issues

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 10:03:24 -0500
To: public-ws-addressing@w3.org

> I agree that there should be a getmetadata operation that should be
> usable by anyone not just ws-addressing.  That safely removes it from
> the scope of ws-addressing without us having to talk about charter and
> timelines :-)

Well, I think a much stronger case could be made for doing this if the
operation were simply "GET" (I thought you were an 80/20 GET guy now,
Dave? 8-) and a derefencable URI is used.  Then you only have to
specify a new term that means "this resource is metadata about this
other resource".  There might already be done, for all I know; a quick
scan of Dublin Core didn't turn anything up, but somebody else might
have defined one.

Mark.