Re: WS-Addr issues

From: Marc Hadley <Marc.Hadley@Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 09:48:24 -0500
To: David Orchard <dorchard@bea.com>
Cc: Doug Davis <dug@us.ibm.com>, Jim Webber <Jim.Webber@newcastle.ac.uk>, "Vinoski, Stephen" <Steve.Vinoski@iona.com>, public-ws-addressing@w3.org

On Nov 3, 2004, at 5:10 PM, David Orchard wrote:

> I think I'm +1.  The only niggling bit is on the "can be", that can
> mean
> a couple different things:
>
> A service provide that doesn't put the WSDL contract information in an
> EPR:
> 1) MUST provide support for something like WS-MEX
> 2) MAY provide support for something like WS-MEX.

What's the status of WS-MEX ? Is it the subject of a standardization
effort in a recognized standards body ? If not, then I'd be against
adding any normative reference to it at this point - we agreed to
remove the reference to WS-Policy for this reason already.

Marc.

> I'm +1 on the 2nd option and a big -1 on the first.  We don't require
> HEAD on http: URIs.
>
> Dave

---
Marc Hadley <marc.hadley at sun.com>