Re: [whatwg] [canvas] Path object

From: Glenn Maynard <glenn@zewt.org>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2012 16:56:58 -0500
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
Cc: whatwg@lists.whatwg.org
On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 4:17 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:

> Yes, but at the cost of performance and memory usage that just doesn't
> seem worthwhile here.

Is there really a nontrivial cost to a one-time warning, the first time a
window attribute is resolved this way?  (Warning once per ID would be nice,
but warning once per page load serves the purpose.)  It sounds like a
single branch at most.

And web developers get annoyed when UAs warn about various spec-compliant
> stuff they're doing, in my experience.

I'm a web developer, and I get annoyed at not being told when I'm doing
something obviously bad, so you'll have to pick which group to annoy:
people who want to write reliable webpages, or those who don't.

--
Glenn Maynard