Re: [whatwg] [canvas] Path object

On 10/5/12 4:59 PM, Glenn Maynard wrote:
> (I hope the other browser vendors' rationale isn't actually "not caring
> about it".)

Some of them simply care about backwards compat more than about getting
rid of the global scope polluter.

But some, as far as I can tell, really don't care at all.  Like don't
respond to any questions on the matter.

But the upshot is the same.

>     Oh, and for the record we added gsp support in standards mode in
>     Firefox 14.  We kept the warning when it was used until Firefox 15,
>     somewhat by accident; at that point we removed it, since warning on
>     something every UA implements and the spec requires is a bit pointless.
>
> It's not pointless: it discourages people from doing things that
> increase the chances of their page breaking in the future, and makes it
> easier for developers to ensure their own code isn't doing it by accident.

Yes, but at the cost of performance and memory usage that just doesn't
seem worthwhile here.

And web developers get annoyed when UAs warn about various
spec-compliant stuff they're doing, in my experience.

So here we are.

-Boris