Re: Agenda items for Friday's general meeting?

From: Jen Simmons <jen@jensimmons.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2013 08:44:51 -0500
To: Alex Komoroske <komoroske@google.com>
Cc: Eliot Graff <Eliot.Graff@microsoft.com>, Julee <julee@adobe.com>, WebPlatform Public List <public-webplatform@w3.org>, Max Polk <maxpolk@gmail.com>, Eliezer Bernart <eliezerbernart@gmail.com>, David Singer <singer@apple.com>
Hello all,
I'm attaching two pdfs showing a proposed content design for the HTML
element pages. I've been designing using real content, so do read what's
there and think about whether/not this structure will work with the range
of content for HTML.

I wanted to create enough structure to help enforce consistency, but enough
flexibility to support the diversity of elements. I also wrote this content
with newbies in mind  students, pro developers who still haven't really
learned the basics of HTML (sadly, that's a *huge* number of people), etc.
Many of the other reference documents I looked at expect a intermediate to
advanced level of knowledge and mastery. I'm hoping this group will agree
that our documentation should work for all levels of user  from total
newbie to ultimate master. This draft is my first attempt to find that
balance.

We'll talk about this in the meeting today.

Jen

Jen Simmons
designer, consultant and speaker
host of The Web Ahead