Re: Template protection, template CSS and anonymous edits

We temporarily protected the templates during the launch because they were
a high-impact place to spam. I think ultimately they should be open for
editing. My only worry is that we rely pretty heavily on templates and
someone mucking around in them could inadvertently break some stuff.

One way to handle that might be to have a warning at the top of template
pages encouraging folks to ask on IRC or the mailing list before
making substantive changes to important templates.