Re: Comments & bugs on the abstract syntax and its sourceforge implementation

Dan,

I had received an email from Daniele Turi where he asked if I had done /
could do / wanted to do something to help (can't remember which).

Shortly afterwards, the Mindswappers visited JPL and I brought up this
issue to Bijan's attention.
Apparently, there was already enough cooks tinkering w/ the API between
the mindwappers,
Holger (then at Stanford) and the Jena folks.

I've peeked at the CVS repository and noticed the abstract grammar that
Daniele originally wrote
hasn't changed --
http://owlapi.cvs.sourceforge.net/owlapi/owl/abstractparser/grammar/
but the lexer has and so did the renderers.

Are my concerns still applicable? I'd have to take a look;
unfortunately, I'm overbooked as it is with my current tasks
to have much time looking into it. However, my comments
were very detailed. If I had idle students around, I'd put
one to take a look at it --  after all, the language was designed
to be simple; how hard could it be for a student fresh out of
compiler construction 101?

-- Nicolas.