Re: Comments & bugs on the abstract syntax and its sourceforge implementation

On Fri, 2006-08-18 at 13:03 -0700, Nicolas Rouquette wrote:
> Dan,
>
> I had received an email from Daniele Turi where he asked if I had done /
> could do / wanted to do something to help (can't remember which).
>
> Shortly afterwards, the Mindswappers visited JPL and I brought up this
> issue to Bijan's attention.
> Apparently, there was already enough cooks tinkering w/ the API between
> the mindwappers,
> Holger (then at Stanford) and the Jena folks.

Ah... I'm glad you got in touch with various developers.

> I've peeked at the CVS repository and noticed the abstract grammar that
> Daniele originally wrote
> hasn't changed --
> http://owlapi.cvs.sourceforge.net/owlapi/owl/abstractparser/grammar/
> but the lexer has and so did the renderers.
>
> Are my concerns still applicable? I'd have to take a look;
> unfortunately, I'm overbooked as it is with my current tasks
> to have much time looking into it. However, my comments
> were very detailed.

As far as I can tell, the details are about the OWLAPI source
code (which W3C does not maintain), not about the OWL
specification documents (which W3C does maintain).

>  If I had idle students around, I'd put
> one to take a look at it --  after all, the language was designed
> to be simple; how hard could it be for a student fresh out of
> compiler construction 101?
>
> -- Nicolas.
>
> Dan Connolly wrote:
> > Hi. I just discovered your message of May 2005.
> > http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webont-comments/2005May/0005.html

D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E