Re: Webizen progress and next meeting

On 8/5/14 5:33 PM, Jeff Jaffe wrote:
> Encourage them to participate in Charter review.  The Director will
> (of course) pay heed to their input - as the Director always cherishes
> input from the public.  But have this review outside of the formal W3C
> process.

Isn't this pretty much one of the mains reason this mail list was created:

[[
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-new-work/>

List Purpose:

This list is for (public) announcements of group charters that have been
sent to the W3C Advisory Committee for review and subsequent public
comments. Please note that W3C makes no commitment to replying to public
comments.
]]

Although, IMO, the second sentence is a bit anti-social, in that if
someone makes an effort to submit comments, I think a reasonable `social
contract` suggests a reply would be made.

-AB