Re: Webizen progress and next meeting

On 8/5/2014 5:48 PM, Arthur Barstow wrote:
> On 8/5/14 5:33 PM, Jeff Jaffe wrote:
>> Encourage them to participate in Charter review.  The Director will
>> (of course) pay heed to their input - as the Director always
>> cherishes input from the public.  But have this review outside of the
>> formal W3C process.
>
> Isn't this pretty much one of the mains reason this mail list was
> created:
>
> [[
> <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-new-work/>
>
> List Purpose:
>
> This list is for (public) announcements of group charters that have
> been sent to the W3C Advisory Committee for review and subsequent
> public comments. Please note that W3C makes no commitment to replying
> to public comments.
> ]]
>
> Although, IMO, the second sentence is a bit anti-social, in that if
> someone makes an effort to submit comments, I think a reasonable
> `social contract` suggests a reply would be made.

Technically you are correct.

I believe that if a set of "Webizens" elected reps and those reps
provided input, it would arguably provide more gravitas to those
inputs.  But, as I said in my post - perhaps this proposal does not
provide the "Webizens" what they are looking for and does not thread the
needle between the two opposing viewpoints.