Re: Webizen progress and next meeting

Top posting to start a thread on a related idea.

Some of the Webizen input was of the form - if Webizens do not get to
elect representatives who participate in Charter review - then no point
in having the program.

Some of the input we received from the Advisory Committee was of the
form - if Webizens participate in the AC Charter review, then we have
deprecated Membership to a level that the AC is not comfortable with.

Part of our challenge is to find the middle ground between these two
statements - which at first glance offer little in the form of middle
ground.

Here is one idea that someone presented to me.  Have the Webizens elect
representatives.  Encourage them to participate in Charter review.  The
Director will (of course) pay heed to their input - as the Director
always cherishes input from the public.  But have this review outside of
the formal W3C process.

This would give Webizens a tangible value.  But it would finesse some of
the AC concerns.

It also might be a little too "cute".  Maybe Webizens would feel that
this does not provide real Charter review privileges.  Maybe the AC
would still be uncomfortable.

I'm just thinking out loud.  Interested in input.

Jeff