Re: Test Suite in CVS

From: Tal Leming <tal@typesupply.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 15:00:18 -0500
Cc: WOFF Working Group FONT <public-webfonts-wg@w3.org>
To: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>

On Dec 8, 2010, at 2:39 PM, Chris Lilley wrote:

> I also ran them through PrinceXML 7.1 and found an odd effect. Its doesn't display FAIL and it doesn't display PASS. It displays P

The word PASS is mapped to U+0050 (P) and FAIL is mapped to U+0046 (F).

My guess is that it is the font-family name that is being used in the CSS. I have this:

	font-family: "WOFF Test", "WOFF Test CFF Fallback";

I found this comment:

http://www.princehtml.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2449

> Okay, for Prince 7.0 we have changed the font name behaviour to use the PostScript name for OpenType CFF fonts.

The Postscript name in the fallback font is "WOFFTestCFFFallback-Regular".

What is the best way to handle this—should I change the CSS to

	font-family: "WOFF Test", "WOFF Test CFF Fallback", "WOFFTestCFFFallback-Regular";

or should I change the name table in the source fonts?

Tal