Re: [W3C Web Crypto WG] CfC : Call for Consensus on the integration of curve25519 in WG deliverables (please vote until the 26th of August)

On 08/27/2014 02:19 AM, Ryan Sleevi wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 26, 2014 at 5:18 PM, Harry Halpin <hhalpin@w3.org>
> wrote:

> I see the emails passed each other in the dark :)
>

>> Well, as per usual, I believe we're talking about different
>> things. Please do not consider the above proposal to your
>> modified version (having an ECC extension spec proceed to REC
>> track simultaneously), which is not what Mark stated (having an
>> ECC extension spec).

Please clarify.

I believe Mark just said "pulling EC out of the specification
altogether".

That could either be

1) An extension spec for NIST ECC curves
2) An extension spec for *multiple* ECC curves

Either is fine with me.

   cheers,
       harry

From: GALINDO Virginie [mailto:Virginie.Galindo@gemalto.com] Sent: