W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-webcgm-wg@w3.org > April 2009

[Minutes] WebCGM Telecon 2009-04-27 (vF2F day 1)

From: Lofton Henderson <lofton@rockynet.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 12:28:35 -0600
Message-Id: <>
To: <public-webcgm-wg@w3.org>
Cc: Forrest Carpenter <forrest@sdicgm.com>, Robert Orosz <roboro@auto-trol.com>,Ulrich Läsche <ulrich@cgmtech.de>

WebCGM WG --

[...thanks Benoit -- updated "Present" to include Forrest, Ulrich...]

The minutes of the teleconference are at


and also available as text, below.


       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

                      WebCGM Teleconf -- vF2F day 1
                               27 Apr 2009



    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2009/04/27-webcgm-irc


           bbezaire, dave, Don, lofton, Rob, Stuart, tmichel, Forrest,




      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]roll call
          2. [6]Closure of technical issues
          3. [7]Review of TC's Test Suite progress
          4. [8]Assignments for Tuesday
          5. [9]Review of proposed progression
      * [10]Summary of Action Items

    <scribe> scribe: bbezaire

roll call

    lofton: looks like we have everyone we expected.

    <tmichel> agenda is fine

    lofton: can we get a WebEx for tomorrow?

    Stuart: I will forward the information

Closure of technical issues



    lofton: any items missing?

    list seems complete for now

    1.) editorial issue with 'scale()' method:


    <tmichel> I have lost you on zakim. I am dialing back.

    lofton: proposing Result: newMatrix = thisMatrix x scale(sx,sy) x
    rotate(angle) x translate(-rx,-ry).

    sorry: Result: newMatrix = thisMatrix x translate(rx,ry) x
    scale(sx,sy) x translate(-rx,-ry).

    lofton: no, I want to remove that. keep it simple.
    ... Result: newMatrix = thisMatrix x scaleMatrix.

    Resolution: simplify it... Result: newMatrix = thisMatrix x

    2.) QUESTION: 'maplist' or 'mapList'?


    <lofton> Resolution: convert 'maplist' and 'dashlength' to
    camel-case in the DTD.

    3.) ACI substitution of non-existent font:


    Don: I think text is clear on that, but a side issue was raised from

    <lofton> reference:


    Don: can defaultFont be used by itself, without a maplist in the ACI

    Dave: you can have zero maplist in the file

    Don: ok, good.

    <lofton> Resolution: no changes needed.

    we will get back getObjectExtent a bit later, skip it for now

    5.) ACI DTD and conformance:
    .html (Proposed: Dave's new wording.)


    Rob: I think the biggest thing missing right now is that it doesn't
    say it has to be a valid document, but only a well-formed document.



    <lofton> Resolution: fix Ch.9 conformance bits per Dave's proposal.

    6.) upgrade XML 1.0 references to 5th Edition:


    Rob: we reference more than one edition for XML 1.0

    lofton: would it change any conformance criteria for WebCGM 2.1?
    ... I've also seen a thread on erratum processing against the 5th

    <scribe> ACTION: Rob to investigate if XML 1.0 5th edition has
    implication on WebCGM. [recorded in

      [19] http://www.w3.org/2009/04/27-webcgm-minutes.html#action01

    <trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - Rob

    4.) getObjectExtent and text (thread splits):







    <Stuart> Sorry, I need to run. I will be back as soon as I can.

    <dave> me too, gotta run

    lofton: I think someone should take Forrest's information and draw a
    picture of it.
    ... and identify where the y-min and y-max should be

    <scribe> ACTION: Forrest to draw a picture of the y-min and y-max
    values of a few characters [recorded in

      [23] http://www.w3.org/2009/04/27-webcgm-minutes.html#action02

    <trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - Forrest

Review of TC's Test Suite progress

    <tmichel> thanks i can access the FTP

    <tmichel> ftp://ftp.cgmlarson.com/

    <lofton> ftp://ftp.cgmlarson.com/test-matrix.htm

    <tmichel> and now ftp://ftp.cgmlarson.com/test-matrix.htm works also

    lofton: I think we should publish a snapshot of the test suite.

    Don: we should sync it with the next draft

    lofton: I think that's a good idea.

    tmichel: do we plan to advertise the test suite?

    lofton: no, not for the 2nd last call

    tmichel: ok, only for CR.

    <lofton> Resolution: the WG recommends that the TC should publish a
    snapshot of the Test Suite at the same time as the anticipated 2nd
    LCWD is published.

    issue on transformAPS test

    Ulrich: we agree with Forrest's findings
    ... we are looking into this.

    <lofton> (transformAnimation may be affected as well.)

    <lofton> next: setGetFillOffset issue

    Forrest: I think the CGM file I submitted should be modified

    Ulrich: what is the implication of setGetFillOffset on the picture

    lofton: do we have any other style properties that apply only to APS
    and not the picture?

    Ulrich: the test is fine if we want to apply this at the picture

    lofton: should we test the set and get at the picture level for one
    or more SP?

    Don: yes, I think it would make the test suite more complete

    lofton: I think we should use one of the simpler SPs to test the
    picture level.

    <scribe> ACTION: Forrest to change fill-offset test to target APS
    level [recorded in

      [24] http://www.w3.org/2009/04/27-webcgm-minutes.html#action03

    <trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - Forrest

    <scribe> ACTION: Forrest to create a new test targeting a SP at the
    Picture level [recorded in

      [25] http://www.w3.org/2009/04/27-webcgm-minutes.html#action04

    <trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - Forrest

    <lofton> issue: aciFileSearch

    <trackbot> Created ISSUE-18 - AciFileSearch ; please complete
    additional details at
    [26]http://www.w3.org/Graphics/WebCGM/WG/track/issues/18/edit .

      [26] http://www.w3.org/Graphics/WebCGM/WG/track/issues/18/edit

    <lofton> next: aciFileSearch problem

    Don: we couldn't find a good way to test aciFileSearch, we couldn't
    see a way to do one with real value
    ... we should replace the example in 9.2.3 from /WebCGM to

    <lofton> I will fix the example in 9.2.3 so that it is a complete
    path to the ACI *file*, not just a directory.

    <lofton> We will call this to Stuart and Dave's attention for any
    further feedback (and put on Tues agenda).

    <lofton> Resolution: aciFileSearch test should be removed from the
    test suite.

    next: getObjectExtent

    talking about Figure 11 in CGM:1999

    <stuart> I am dialing in

    lofton: lets talk about getObjectExtent after Forrest has completed
    his action item

Assignments for Tuesday

    all items: graph the font metric marks, look at XML 1.0 5e upgrade,
    transformAPS test, setGetFillOffset test have an action item

Review of proposed progression

    lofton: I will contact implementers to see if mid-July CR/test-fest
    F2F makes sense

    talking about last call publication

    tmichel: it is common practice to request feedback only on the
    latest changes.

    <tmichel> let me redial ...

    Thierry and Lofton will look into diffs of past draft documents.


Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: Forrest to change fill-offset test to target APS level
    [recorded in
    [NEW] ACTION: Forrest to create a new test targeting a SP at the
    Picture level [recorded in
    [NEW] ACTION: Forrest to draw a picture of the y-min and y-max
    values of a few characters [recorded in
    [NEW] ACTION: Rob to investigate if XML 1.0 5th edition has
    implication on WebCGM. [recorded in

      [27] http://www.w3.org/2009/04/27-webcgm-minutes.html#action03
      [28] http://www.w3.org/2009/04/27-webcgm-minutes.html#action04
      [29] http://www.w3.org/2009/04/27-webcgm-minutes.html#action02
      [30] http://www.w3.org/2009/04/27-webcgm-minutes.html#action01

    [End of minutes]

     Minutes formatted by David Booth's [31]scribe.perl version 1.135
     ([32]CVS log)
     $Date: 2009/04/27 18:24:48 $

      [31] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
      [32] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

    [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135  of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20
Check for newer version at [33]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002

      [33] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/matrix/test suite/
Found Scribe: bbezaire
Inferring ScribeNick: bbezaire
Present: bbezaire dave Don lofton Rob Stuart tmichel
Agenda: [34]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webcgm-wg/2009Ap
Got date from IRC log name: 27 Apr 2009
Guessing minutes URL: [35]http://www.w3.org/2009/04/27-webcgm-minutes.h
People with action items: forrest rob

      [35] http://www.w3.org/2009/04/27-webcgm-minutes.html

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

    End of [36]scribe.perl diagnostic output]

      [36] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
Received on Monday, 27 April 2009 18:29:47 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:23:41 UTC