Fwd: Re: [cgmo-webcgm] font metrics

Forrest has finished his action item to illustrate the font metrics:
[1] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/cgmo-webcgm/200904/msg00131.html

Have a look at the great picture that he generated.

This should allow the dependent tests [gOE and gOET] to go forward.

For the spec, our question is:  what changes, if any, should go into the
WebCGM spec to clarify this for future implementors?

1.) none -- the existence of "FontBBox -166 -225 1000 931" in the AFM data
(Helvetica in this example) should be sufficient.
2.) normatively add to WebCGM spec the information from the AFM for the
core-13 fonts of WebCGM.
3.) in the WebCGM spec, informatively explain or add or point to the
information from the AFM.
4.) other?

We will discuss on Tuesday.

Note that options #2 and #3 don't answer the question for any font outside
of the core-13, which can be any font that has an associated FONT
PROPERTIES element.  (My opinion:  those generator/viewers need to figure
out and understand what is 'bottom' and what is 'top' for the "odd" fonts,
just as we have figured it out for core-13).