Re: WG assignments -- WebCGM 1.0 Errata review

On Tuesday, September 11, 2007, 3:10:01 PM, Dieter wrote:

WD> Lofton,

WD> E02 and E03 look good to me.

WD> One question:

WD> <OBJECT DATA="xxx.cgm" TYPE="image/cgm;Version=4;ProfileId=WebCGM"
WD> WIDTH="200" HEIGHT="100" >

WD> This is the correct way to specify an OBJECT. What happens in the case
WD> of a cascading profile?

The fact that a profile is cascading is opaque here. It makes for a smaller and clearer definition of the profile, but does not change what the name of the profile is.

WD> The ProfileID=WebCGM would be wrong for an ATA or S1000D profile.

Yes.

WD> Do we actually need the profile ID here?

Yes - the MIMER registration says this parameter is required, not optional.

WD>  This is probably confusing
WD> anyway, because the integrator has no clue as to which files he will
WD> display in the viewer at the time he has to write this.

 Interaction Domain Leader
 Co-Chair, W3C SVG Working Group
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead
 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG