Re: process and milestones for moving WebCGM 2.0 to LC.

Thierry,

Thanks!  It is a huge help to get the proposed draft letter, as I'm trying
to reserve most of my cycles for spec work.

Questions.  You said earlier that the letter to the Chairs & dependencies
need not reference a minutes with resolution to advance to Last Call.  So I
can be send it now, e.g., Monday or Tuesday?  That is, we don't need to
discuss / approve it during a WG teleconference, correct?  (Although I'm
happy to have any feedback that any WG-ers might have.)

More embedded...

At 11:27 AM 6/3/2006 +0200, Thierry MICHEL wrote:

>Lofton Henderson wrote:
>
>>So when the letter of #2 is written to the coordination WGs (Cc:
>>"Chairs"), we would announce 23nd June as the anticipated schedule?
>>When should #2 be sent?  Does it need to reference the minutes of the
>>Thursday meeting?  Do you have a good example of such a letter, which I
>>could just edit?  (Or would someone volunteer to ghost write it?)
>

>Here is a draft following:
>(feel free to adapt it if needed)

I like it as is, and have just one suggested change. See below.

okay, chairs@w3.org

>and copy WG with dependencies.

Is there a master list of all WG email addresses for the latter, so that I
can just extract the half-dozen addresses we need?  Or should I go to each
of the WG pages to find the addresses?

>Hello chairs, Hypertext Coordination Group.
>
>Last week, the WebCGM group resolved to move our first rec-track document
>WebCGM 2.0, to Last Call draft WD status.
>
>We plan to publish the WebCGM 2.0 Last Call WD on june 23th 2006.
>(an editor copy is currently available at [1])
>
>This LC Working Draft is based, in large part, on a work by the same name,
>WebCGM 2.0 an OASIS Committee Specification [2] submitted to W3C as WebCGM
>2.0 Submission[3]. This Member Submission is related to the previous W3C
>work on WebCGM 1.0, and draws on experiences with that format from
>implementors and users over five years. This Working Draft incorporates
>feedback and discussion following the Submission.
>
>We are explicitly seeking feedback from the following W3C Groups on this
>document:

I would suggest instead:  "The WebCGM WG Charter [4] lists these groups for
coordination, and we specifically seek their feedback:

[4] http://www.w3.org/2006/03/webcgm-charter.html#coordination

[I like the idea to mention the charter and point to it.]

>* Hypertext Coordination Group
>* Document Object Model (DOM) IG
>* W3C Web Accessibility Initiative
>* Internationalization Working Group
>* Web API Working Group
>* QA Interest Group
>

>And we are happy to get relevant feedback from other groups.
>
>In addition, we are seeking actively seeking feedback from the outside
>world including other relevant standards organizations.
>
>The deadline for Last Call comments is set to 30 July 2006. We hope this 5
>week LC review will allow enough time for your group to send us your feedback.
>
>We will be collecting comments on this draft at a new public comments
>mailing list (public-webcgm@w3.org).
>
>[1] http://www.w3.org/Graphics/WebCGM/drafts/current-editor/
>[2] http://docs.oasis-open.org/webcgm/v2.0/
>[3] http://www.w3.org/Submission/2006/01/