Re: process and milestones for moving WebCGM 2.0 to LC.

Lofton Henderson wrote:

> So when the letter of #2 is written to the coordination WGs (Cc:
> "Chairs"), we would announce 23nd June as the anticipated schedule?
>
> When should #2 be sent?  Does it need to reference the minutes of the
> Thursday meeting?  Do you have a good example of such a letter, which I
> could just edit?  (Or would someone volunteer to ghost write it?)

Here is a draft following:
(feel free to adapt it if needed)

send it to chairs list and copy WG with dependencies.

Hello chairs, Hypertext Coordination Group.

Last week, the WebCGM group resolved to move our first rec-track
document WebCGM 2.0, to Last Call draft WD status.

We plan to publish the WebCGM 2.0 Last Call WD on june 23th 2006.
(an editor copy is currently available at [1])

This LC Working Draft is based, in large part, on a work by the same
name, WebCGM 2.0 an OASIS Committee Specification [2] submitted to W3C
as WebCGM 2.0 Submission[3]. This Member Submission is related to the
previous W3C work on WebCGM 1.0, and draws on experiences with that
format from implementors and users over five years. This Working Draft
incorporates feedback and discussion following the Submission.

We are explicitly seeking feedback from the following W3C Groups on this
document:

* Hypertext Coordination Group
* Document Object Model (DOM) IG
* W3C Web Accessibility Initiative
* Internationalization Working Group
* Web API Working Group
* QA Interest Group

And we are happy to get relevant feedback from other groups.

In addition, we are seeking actively seeking feedback from the outside
world including other relevant standards organizations.

The deadline for Last Call comments is set to 30 July 2006. We hope this
5 week LC review will allow enough time for your group to send us your
feedback.

We will be collecting comments on this draft at a new public comments
mailing list (public-webcgm@w3.org).

[1] http://www.w3.org/Graphics/WebCGM/drafts/current-editor/
[2] http://docs.oasis-open.org/webcgm/v2.0/
[3] http://www.w3.org/Submission/2006/01/