[FileAPI] Length of the opaque string for blob URLs

From: Adrian Bateman <adrianba@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 01:03:15 +0000
To: "Web Applications Working Group WG (public-webapps@w3.org)" <public-webapps@w3.org>
CC: "Arun Ranganathan (aranganathan@mozilla.com)" <aranganathan@mozilla.com>, "Jonas Sicking (jonas@sicking.cc)" <jonas@sicking.cc>, Feras Moussa <ferasm@microsoft.com>
The current spec requires the opaque string in Blob URLs to be at least
36 characters in length [1]. Our implementation doesn't currently use a
UUID and the length of the string is shorter than 36 characters. While
I have no problem with the recommendation to use UUIDs in the spec,
since it isn't a MUST I wonder whether the length requirement needs to
be a MUST. Could we relax this requirement?

Thanks,

Adrian

[1] http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/FileAPI/#OpaqueStringDiscussion