[FileAPI] Blob protocol version - is this needed?

From: Adrian Bateman <adrianba@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 00:59:10 +0000
To: "Web Applications Working Group WG (public-webapps@w3.org)" <public-webapps@w3.org>
CC: "Arun Ranganathan (aranganathan@mozilla.com)" <aranganathan@mozilla.com>, "Jonas Sicking (jonas@sicking.cc)" <jonas@sicking.cc>, Feras Moussa <ferasm@microsoft.com>
The current spec defines the Blob Protocol Version [1]. Our current implementation
doesn't require a protocol version and the way protocol handlers are defined in
Internet Explorer does require this. I don't know if this is ever exposed in
the web platform. The spec says that this should be returned from XHR in
getAllResponseHeaders [2] but I don't think XHR actually returns this string there.

Please can someone help point me to where this is required? If it isn't
exposed anywhere I think we can remove this section.

Thanks,

Adrian

[1] http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/FileAPI/#ProtocolName
[2] http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/FileAPI/#ProtocolExamples