[FileAPI] Remove readAsBinaryString?

From: Adrian Bateman <adrianba@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 00:52:04 +0000
To: "Web Applications Working Group WG (public-webapps@w3.org)" <public-webapps@w3.org>
CC: Feras Moussa <ferasm@microsoft.com>
Another topic that came up at TPAC was readAsBinaryString [1]. This method
predates support for typed arrays in the FileAPI and allows binary data
to be read and stored in a string. This is an inefficient way to store
data now that we have ArrayBuffer and we'd like to not support this method.

At TPAC I proposed that we remove readAsBinaryString from the spec and
there was some support for this idea. I'd like to propose that we change
the spec to remove this.

Thanks,

Adrian.

[1] http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/FileAPI/#readAsBinaryString