From: Sean Hogan <shogun70@westnet.com.au>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 23:18:13 +1100
To: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
CC: Alex Russell <slightlyoff@google.com>, Webapps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>, Yehuda Katz <wycats@gmail.com>, John Resig <jeresig@gmail.com>, Paul Irish <paulirish@google.com>, Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
On 20/10/11 10:49 PM, Lachlan Hunt wrote:
> On 2011-10-20 13:35, Sean Hogan wrote:
>> I wonder if anyone is relying on querySelectorAll() returning a
>> StaticNodeList?
>
> Only if there are people out there using list.item(n) instead of
> list[n], or people extending the NodeList interface and expecting such
> methods to be available on the result.  Though I suspect the former is
> very rare, and the latter doesn't work in all browsers.

And I wonder if one of the browser vendors would be willing to silently
change the behavior and see if they get any bug reports.