From: Erik Arvidsson <arv@chromium.org>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 09:12:08 -0700
To: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
Cc: Sean Hogan <shogun70@westnet.com.au>, Alex Russell <slightlyoff@google.com>, Webapps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>, Yehuda Katz <wycats@gmail.com>, John Resig <jeresig@gmail.com>, Paul Irish <paulirish@google.com>, Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 04:49, Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au> wrote:
> On 2011-10-20 13:35, Sean Hogan wrote:
>>
>> I wonder if anyone is relying on querySelectorAll() returning a
>> StaticNodeList?
>
> Only if there are people out there using list.item(n) instead of list[n], or
> people extending the NodeList interface and expecting such methods to be
> available on the result.  Though I suspect the former is very rare, and the
> latter doesn't work in all browsers.

Both are rare but they do happen

http://codesearch.google.com/#search/&q=%5CsNodeList%5C.prototype%5C.(%5Cw%2B)%5Cs*=&type=cs

What is funny is that code search only found one instance of item
being used directly after querySelectorAll(...). Of course, that
search does not tell the whole story.

http://codesearch.google.com/#SjGak5n5VAM/trunk/parsehtml_util.py&q=querySelectorAll%5C(%5B%5E)%5D%2B%5C)%5C.item%20-file:layouttests&type=cs&l=24

--
erik