Re: MPEG-U

From: Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 15:41:02 +0100
Cc: public-webapps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
To: cyril.concolato@telecom-paristech.fr
Hi Cyril,

On Jan 7, 2010, at 15:59 , Cyril Concolato wrote:
>> sorry to put you on the spot, but I don't recall this being discussed by WebApps
> I know that a liaison was sent from MPEG to the W3C early may 2009 and that the WG was informed.

Ah, do you have a pointer? I searched for "MPEG-U" in all the public and member lists yet only this thread shows up.

>> Can you give the WG some general ideas about what's happening around MPEG-U?
> Actually, I had made a web page that describes it and that I wanted to send earlier [1]. You will find there some background information and the current spec in PDF and soon some examples and code. If you have questions about the GPAC implementation of MPEG-U, you can ask me but if you have questions about the MPEG process, you can post them on the general MPEG Systems mailing list[2].

If avoidable I'd rather not join yet another mailing list just for a few questions, after which I'd have to unsubscribe again. Since you're closely involved with this work, would you mind answering the questions I outlined in my original post?

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/