Re: Publishing Selectors API Level 2 as an FPWD?

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 12:13:56 -0500
To: Sean Hogan <shogun70@westnet.com.au>
On 1/11/10 8:25 AM, Sean Hogan wrote:
> If we could assume that commas only ever delimit selectors in a
> selector-string,

This is true for now, but may stop being true in the future.

> Hence no value is added by queryScopedSelector*().

At least from jquery's point of view, ok.

Note that jquery could do its extension selectors via post-parsing (if
an exception is thrown) instead of pre-parsing, so there might be value
in that case.  Depending on how often the extension selectors are used,
of course.

> http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/selectors-api2/#parse-a-scoped-selector

Ah, I see.  Thank you.  That was the information I needed.

I do wonder how useful queryScopedSelector is, since it can be
implemented easily via querySelector...

-Boris