Re: Automatic translation/validation of WebIDL documents

Le mercredi 02 juin 2010 à 13:40 +0200, Florian Stegmaier a écrit :
> My overall question is, if you have any experience with WebIDL parser,
> or perhaps could point me to a project, which is most up-to-date to
> the current version of the WebIDL specification? I have also tried to
> validate our API spec using the validator of [5], but i am not quiet
> sure if this validator is able to handle the array definitions. Do you
> know also a validator, to make sure if our spec is correct?

My understanding is that the WebIDL spec still needs to be updated to
reflect the addition of arrays (i.e. no change in that regard since
[4]).

In particular, their lack of formal definitions in the grammar means
that WIDLproc [5] doesn't accept them, which also implies that the
on-line WebIDL checker marks them as invalid:
http://www.w3.org/2009/07/webidl-check

Dom