Re: Client side JavaScript i18n API

From: Marcos Caceres <marcosc@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 11:38:20 +0200
To: Nebojša Ćirić <cira@chromium.org>
Cc: public-webapps@w3.org, Jungshik Shin <jshin@chromium.org>, Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>, public-i18n-core@w3.org
2010/4/23 Nebojša Ćirić <cira@chromium.org>:
> Hi,
>  We would like to propose an API for locale-based collation,
> date/number formatting, ... Does anybody else think this would benefit
> the authors?
>
>  We would be happy to answer questions to what problems are we trying
> to solve, and how.

I think the DAP guys are trying to handle some of this in their
Calendar API. I've CC'd Robin (the DAP WG Chair) who might have a bit
more detail about the progress they have made. You might also want to
talk to the i18n Core WG (cc'd), as they are the best source of ideas
for this stuff.

Kind regards,
Marcos
--