Re: Client side JavaScript i18n API

From: Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 11:55:28 +0200
Cc: Nebojša Ćirić <cira@chromium.org>, public-webapps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>, Jungshik Shin <jshin@chromium.org>, public-i18n-core@w3.org
To: marcosc@opera.com
On Apr 26, 2010, at 11:38 , Marcos Caceres wrote:
> 2010/4/23 Nebojša Ćirić <cira@chromium.org>:
>>  We would like to propose an API for locale-based collation,
>> date/number formatting, ... Does anybody else think this would benefit
>> the authors?
>>
>>  We would be happy to answer questions to what problems are we trying
>> to solve, and how.
>
> I think the DAP guys are trying to handle some of this in their
> Calendar API.

Hmm no we're not — we're simply looking at ways of handling the massive number of different calendars that users could want to use.

Nebojša: I think that there could be value in the sort of API that you describe, but it'd be easier to answer your question if we could see it :)

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/