Re: ISSUE-38: DOM 3 Events abort/error bubble, ProgressEvent abort/error do not [Progress Events]

Philip Jägenstedt wrote:
> Sure, but when creating known types it can no longer be assumed that an
> event type maps to a single set of bubbles/cancelable flags, which was
> always the case until now. This may only be an implementation issue, but
> if other implementors also see this as a nuisance it might be worth
> changing.
This isn't a problem or nuisance for gecko.

>> Unfortunately XHR has had 'error' for ages. Of course we could add
>> yet another event, but that is a bit ugly.
>
> I tried to find some documentation on this but failed. Would anyone
> happen to know which browsers implement this and if that event bubbles?
Gecko dispatches a non-bubbling, not-cancelable error event when there
is for example some sort of network error. Currently that
event implements only normal Event interface, but will soon implement
also ProgressEvent.
The error event has been there since year 2000.

-Olli