Re: ISSUE-38: DOM 3 Events abort/error bubble, ProgressEvent abort/error do not [Progress Events]

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 09:15:12 +0200
To: Philip J├Ągenstedt <philipj@opera.com>, olli@pettay.fi
Cc: "Web Applications Working Group WG" <public-webapps@w3.org>

On Fri, 11 Jul 2008 09:07:03 +0200, Philip J├Ągenstedt <philipj@opera.com>
wrote:
>> Unfortunately XHR has had 'error' for ages. Of course we could add
>> yet another event, but that is a bit ugly.
>
> I tried to find some documentation on this but failed. Would anyone
> happen to know which browsers implement this and if that event bubbles?

It's part of XMLHttpRequest Level 2, but some browsers may have already
implemented it. I'm pretty sure not a lot of them do, actually. In any
case, for XMLHttpRequest it doesn't really matter whether the event
bubbles or not, all it can "go to" is the object itself anyway.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>