Re: Agenda and logistics...

On Jun 23, 2008, at 11:23 AM, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> the agenda and logistics page for the meeting will be shortly
> available to working group members (Sunava, can you please ask your
> AC rep to ensure that you guys have joined by the time we have the
> meeting?).

I would like to request an additional agenda item. There is already a
block of time for discussing Microsoft's feedback on XHR2+AC. I would
like to request a separate block of time for discussion among those
looking to implement or use XHR2+AC, so that we can come to rough
consensus on the key remaining open issues.

Since Microsoft has announced that they plan to stick with XDR (<http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2008/06/23/securing-cross-site-xmlhttprequest.aspx
 >), I assume they are not interested in being part of this consensus.
But I still think we need to have this item on the agenda, and of
course representatives from Microsoft are welcome to observe this
discussion.

With XHR2+AC implementations in progress in the WebKit and Gecko
engines, we need to make sure that we are on track to deliver a secure
and interoperable solution in upcoming releases.

Perhaps we could devote a day or half day to this topic, rather than
devoting 2 days to XHR1 issues. Perhaps (given Microsoft's request) we
can discuss Microsoft's feedback on Tuesday, XHR2+AC issues on
Wednesday, and XHR1 issues on Thursday.

Regards,
Maciej