Re: Agenda and logistics...

On Tue, 24 Jun 2008 03:43:38 +0200, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
wrote:

> On Jun 23, 2008, at 11:23 AM, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
>

>> Hi folks,
>>
>> the agenda and logistics page for the meeting will be shortly available
>> to working group members (Sunava, can you please ask your AC rep to
>> ensure that you guys have joined by the time we have the meeting?).
>
> I would like to request an additional agenda item. There is already a
> block of time for discussing Microsoft's feedback on XHR2+AC. I would
> like to request a separate block of time for discussion among those
> looking to implement or use XHR2+AC, so that we can come to rough
> consensus on the key remaining open issues.

Sorry, I wasn't that clear, but that is what I meant in the agenda on day
3, by XHR specs.

> Since Microsoft has announced that they plan to stick with XDR
> (<http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2008/06/23/securing-cross-site-xmlhttprequest.aspx
>  >), I assume they are not interested in being part of this consensus.
> But I still think we need to have this item on the agenda, and of course
> representatives from Microsoft are welcome to observe this discussion.

Assuming they have made the patent policy commitment and joined the group
by then they are even welcome to take part ;)

> Perhaps we could devote a day or half day to this topic, rather than
> devoting 2 days to XHR1 issues. Perhaps (given Microsoft's request) we
> can discuss Microsoft's feedback on Tuesday, XHR2+AC issues on
> Wednesday, and XHR1 issues on Thursday.

Yep. I am waiting for people to comment on whether they are happy to roll
up about 11 on Tuesday, or would prefer to have the meeting start early
without me - I am happy either way, but so far only Sunava has actually
made a clear statement so I am looking for a couple more concrete answers
- then I will update the agenda properly too.

cheers

Chaals