Re: Agenda and logistics...

Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> the agenda and logistics page for the meeting will be shortly
>> available to working group members (Sunava, can you please ask your AC
>> rep to ensure that you guys have joined by the time we have the
>> meeting?).
>
> I would like to request an additional agenda item. There is already a
> block of time for discussing Microsoft's feedback on XHR2+AC. I would
> like to request a separate block of time for discussion among those
> looking to implement or use XHR2+AC, so that we can come to rough
> consensus on the key remaining open issues.
>
> Since Microsoft has announced that they plan to stick with XDR
> (<http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2008/06/23/securing-cross-site-xmlhttprequest.aspx>),
> I assume they are not interested in being part of this consensus. But I
> still think we need to have this item on the agenda, and of course
> representatives from Microsoft are welcome to observe this discussion.

I would actually hope that microsoft wants to take part in the consensus
building too as I hope that future versions of IE will implement
Access-Control, or at least parts of it.

Though that discussion would probably be better done in the context of
the general discussion on microsofts feedback.

> Perhaps we could devote a day or half day to this topic, rather than
> devoting 2 days to XHR1 issues. Perhaps (given Microsoft's request) we
> can discuss Microsoft's feedback on Tuesday, XHR2+AC issues on
> Wednesday, and XHR1 issues on Thursday.

This agenda sounds great. Me and Arun are leaving on a 3:27 flight out
of Seattle on Thursday so having a full day to devote to Access-Control
would be really great.

Getting consensus on Access-Control is of utmost importance to us and we
have a really tight schedule for it.

/ Jonas