Re: The XMLHttpRequest Object comments

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 08 May 2007 12:19:30 +0200
To: "Stewart Brodie" <stewart.brodie@antplc.com>, public-webapi@w3.org

On Tue, 08 May 2007 11:49:17 +0200, Stewart Brodie
<stewart.brodie@antplc.com> wrote:
> I don't see why HTTP is mandatory either, to be honest, although I accept
> that that's what most scripts will use it for.

The problem is that things are not very well defined for non-HTTP thingies
at the moment. If at some point we get a more protocol neutral version of
the specification I think it would make sense to reconsider this
particular statement within the conformance criteria, yes.