Re: [XHR] Some clarifications

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 15:11:38 +0100, denis sureau <scriptet@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Thanks for the corrections and explanations.
>
> I'll translate the first sentence as that:
>
> 1) some object is created by a call to the constructor
> 2) it is created from a window
> 3) the window had an attribute XMLHttpRequest before this call
> 4) a window pointer is stored in the newly created object
> 5) it points out this window
>
> Is it right?

Sort of. I tried to clarify this now:

   http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2006/webapi/XMLHttpRequest/Overview.html?content-type=text/html;%20charset=utf-8#xmlhttprequest

(This should hopefully also address your concern Charles. Raised in this
thread.)

> Another question.
> Why not a responseHTML attribute?

Because a) we're not going to add new complicated features at this time
(HTML isn't really defined) and b) the plan is to support HTML through
responseXML in version 2 or 3.