Re: [XHR] Some clarifications

From: denis sureau <scriptet@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 13:53:40 +0100
To: "Anne van Kesteren" <annevk@opera.com>
Cc: public-webapi@w3.org, "Charles McCathieNevile" <chaals@opera.com>
2007/3/20, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>:

> On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 15:11:38 +0100, denis sureau <scriptet@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Thanks for the corrections and explanations.
> >
> > I'll translate the first sentence as that:
> >
> > 1) some object is created by a call to the constructor
> > 2) it is created from a window
> > 3) the window had an attribute XMLHttpRequest before this call
> > 4) a window pointer is stored in the newly created object
> > 5) it points out this window
> >
> > Is it right?
>
> Sort of. I tried to clarify this now:
>

> http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2006/webapi/XMLHttpRequest/Overview.html?content-type=text/html;%20charset=utf-8#xmlhttprequest
>
> (This should hopefully also address your concern Charles. Raised in this
> thread.)

I have followed the link, and this is perfectly clear!

> Another question.
> > Why not a responseHTML attribute?
>
> Because a) we're not going to add new complicated features at this time
> (HTML isn't really defined) and b) the plan is to support HTML through
> responseXML in version 2 or 3.

OK, we have to wait for these versions.
For the ones that want not to wait, I have overcomed the lack of
responseHTML by using responseText, see the article:

http://www.xul.fr/ajax/responseHTML-attribute.html

Denis Sureau. http://www.xul.fr/ajax/