Re: Review comments of Editors Draft of Progress Events

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2007 05:08:46 +0100
To: "Andrew Sledd" <Andrew.Sledd@ikivo.com>
Cc: <public-webapi@w3.org>, <chaals@opera.com>

* Andrew Sledd wrote:
>initProgressEventNS description needs to make the statement
>that "the value of the namespaceURI argument must be null."

I don't think so. The point of having the method is that this allows
others to re-use the interface for new event types, for example, for
proprietary browser extensions or for rarely used event types defined
by other organizations, neither of which should define event types in
no namespace without consulting the WebAPI Working Group.