Re: passive Copy-and-Paste with scripts

I think you mean 'onselect' instead of 'onselected', right.
With 'onselected' I get the feeling the selection already happened, so
there is no way to cancel it.

You want to have an event raised when a clipboard action takes place?
I mean you don't want it to happen when something is dragdropped (and
copied at the same time)?
I think you would also need a oncut.
Maybe it should be called onclipboard which happens when anything from
the website is cut/copied on the clipboard?
But maybe the separate events are needed.
Anyway, microsoft already seems to have implemented it in some way:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/author/dhtml/reference/events/oncopy.asp
http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/author/dhtml/reference/events/oncut.asp
http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/author/dhtml/reference/events/onselect.asp

It seems to me to be more logical to have the oncut and oncopy event
handlers on the selection object, than on any element.

Regards,
Martijn