Re: passive Copy-and-Paste with scripts

From: Martijn <martijn.martijn@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 16:55:17 +0200
To: paul@activemath.org
Cc: "Web APIs WG" <public-webapi@w3.org>

I think you mean 'onselect' instead of 'onselected', right.
With 'onselected' I get the feeling the selection already happened, so
there is no way to cancel it.

You want to have an event raised when a clipboard action takes place?
I mean you don't want it to happen when something is dragdropped (and
copied at the same time)?
I think you would also need a oncut.
Maybe it should be called onclipboard which happens when anything from
the website is cut/copied on the clipboard?
But maybe the separate events are needed.
Anyway, microsoft already seems to have implemented it in some way:

It seems to me to be more logical to have the oncut and oncopy event
handlers on the selection object, than on any element.