passive Copy-and-Paste with scripts

From: Paul Libbrecht <paul@activemath.org>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 16:19:08 +0200
To: Web APIs WG <public-webapi@w3.org>

Hello,

I have written a little note to explain my ideas that could enable a
safe copy-and-paste in scripts running within web-pages. Please find it
here:

    http://www.activemath.org/~paul/tmp/Ideal-Browser-Behaviour.html

this follows discussions that happened earlier on this forum and I would
love to have comments. I still believe that the proposed handlers are
appropriate and safe. The recent addition is to add a simplistic
"onselected" handler to enable, in some pages, only "well-formed"
selections... this is maybe half-baked but complete the requirements
that I would have for formulae copy-and-paste.

thanks

paul