Re: ISSUE-36: DOMContentLoaded?

From: Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 18:03:54 -0000
To: "Web APIs WG \(public\)" <public-webapi@w3.org>

"Jonas Sicking" <jonas@sicking.cc>
> If we do want scripts to be loaded I think we need to specify it here,
> otherwise it's not going to get specified anywhere. And saying that
> scripts should be loaded isn't really HTML specific since scripts appear
> in many languages.

If we require scripts to be loaded, then I want an event before scripts are
loaded please, the use cases on DOMContentLoaded all revolve around the fact
the content is rendered to the user and the behaviours are not yet hooked
up, not solving this problem with DOMContentLoaded means it fails to meet
its use case.

Also it's dependant on the host language and not XML agnostic.

If there are other use cases for DOMContentLoaded, please give them, so I
can understand the motivation.

Personally I don't think DOMContentLoaded is a good solution to the
underlying problem, I would like to see mutation type events fired during
load for each subtree as it becomes available to scripting.

Cheers,

Jim.